[*Please note: These listings are only for bicycles stolen in the Sydney area.]
Here’s how it works:
- Your bike gets stolen (sorry).
- You visit this site and register with a username and password (it’s quick and painless).
- Once logged in, you create a post about your bike. Just fill in the title and description.
- I encourage you to leave your email address or phone number.
- When you’re finished click “save as draft”. (ignore “Post Password” and other fields)
- Then you go to “Upload” if you have an image you’d like to add.
- Once the image is uploaded, return to your post and insert the image URL and click “save as draft” again.
- When I log-in, I’ll see your post. I’ll glance at it, make sure it’s porn/spam free, and hit “publish”. That’s it.
- Once your listing is published, subscribe to the comments via email so you’ll know when someone leaves a tip.
- Please describe how your bike was locked so we can figure out how to educate people in the future!
Many bikes have been recovered in portland where this page was invented in part because of these listings!
Here are some reasons why you should list your stolen bike here:
- It’s free, quick and easy.
- Local bike shops that sell used bikes can check the listings before dealing with stolen property.
- Local bike shops can print out and post the listings in the service area so their mechanics can be on the lookout.
- Anyone can leave comments below each listing if they need more information or perhaps have a tip as to the bike’s whereabouts.
- Hopefully this will be seen by cyclists everyday that are out there on the streets ready to spot your beloved steed.
This is an evolving effort and I rely on feedback and insights from you to make it better. Also, please be forgiving as I tweak things here and there to make this all work just right. And remember, the more people that know about this, the more listings we’ll get and the more bikes we’ll recover…so please spread the word!